GuidePedia

0
Top 5 Free broken link checker tools. blog


In this era of blogging where almost every niche is becoming competitive you might just be too busy doing other things that can make your blogging business boom up or to win your competitors ,not knowing that something somewhere is affecting your blog negatively.
In this case am talking about nothing else other than broken links, yes they are very bad and can affect your blog negatively. This broken links are some sometimes referred to as dead links or even 404 links by most people, they are all the same.

This broken links are dead links (both internal and external) which is not redirecting to anywhere else other than the 404 error page, this is caused due to the blogger or webmaster deleting the page that you are linking to or changing the permalink. Did you get it or are you still confused about what I just explained? If yes, ok let me give an example:-

I have a website where I am giving out free eBooks and you now took to your blog to tell your readers about my website that I am sharing free eBooks there, on the process you would try to link out to my blog (external link), I might decide later on that am not going to be sharing free eBooks anymore on my blog and maybe decide to delete that blog or webpage, if I do so that your link that is pointing at that my particular webpage would be pointing to a 404 page , why? Because the actual webpage that it was linking to do no longer exist and the link will now be termed as a broken (dead) link. The same thing is applicable if I decide to change the permalink. Hope you got it right now?

Broken links is not good both in human eye and that of the search engines, that’s why google recommended that you should regularly check for broken links on your blog or website.

How Do I Check For Broken Links On My Blog?
For WordPress users there is a broken link checker plugin which is very useful though I won’t advise you to go for the plugin as it would slow down your blog so I am going to be listing out the top 5 free tools I use to monitor my blog`s broken (internal and external) links. Here are the tools1.       

  1. Dead Link Checker

Dead link checker  is a free to use online broken link checker tool, this does not only check for internal and external broken links, it also check for image links also.


This is another online based link checker tool that quickly scans your blog or website links to verify whether  your hyperlinks is working appropriately, all you are required to do is to input your blog / website URL without https and click “GO” and the results would be shown to you in a grand style.

3. Screaming Frog SEO spider Tool
  
 This is a highly recommended tool for seo work, this tool crawls and analyzes all links, images , scripts and css  on your blog / website and clearly displays it in a table, this tool is not an online tool, it is a software that is downloadable for windows , Mac and Ubuntu users . You can freely download the trial version with some restrictions from here   and the licensed version without restrictions here

4. Xenu Link Sleuth

Xenu Link Sleuth is a downloadable software for windows designed specifically to
 detect broken links on large websites, I personally prefer this tool because of its SSL support, its ability to detect  redirected URLs and ability to recheck broken links. You can download Xenu link sleuth here.

W3C link checker is an easy to use tool for detecting of broken links in a website.
This tool works similar like search bots, it doesn’t check restricted links, i.e. links that you restricted search bots from crawling via your sitemap, you would have to manually check those ones.

These are the tools that I use in monitoring my blog dead links I hope you would find them useful, kindly use the comment box to add up to the list any other dead link checking tool(s) that you have used and conclude that it is okay, and please don’t forget to share this with your friends on your social circle, thanks.

Post a Comment

Let's hear what you have to say.

 
Top